[keycloak-user] Deployment of 1.2.0.CR1

Stan Silvert ssilvert at redhat.com
Tue May 5 18:37:30 EDT 2015

On 5/5/2015 1:15 PM, Benjamin Hansmann [alphaApps] wrote:
> 3 I merged the keycloak specific configuration from
> standalone-keycloak.xml into the standalone.xml of my existing wildfly
> installation. Am I supposed to deploy the keycloak-server-1.2.0.CR1.war
> manually as in previous versions? Section 3.4. (Installing Keycloak
> Server as Root Context) states that main-auth-server is the name of the
> Keycloak server as defined in the Keycloak subsystem. Can I use this
> name to deploy it without providing the full path even when not using it
> as the default-web-module?
The name "main-auth-server" is just a name that is used in the keycloak
subsystem by default.  When you deploy the server manually as a war you
can actually pick any name you want (assuming you deploy with CLI or web
console).

If you want the keycloak server to use the root context, follow the same
procedure as in the documentation.  The value of default-web-module will
whatever deployment name you used.  If you deployed by dropping the WAR
into the /deployments directory then the deployment name will just be
the name of the war file.