ExternalResourceReleasable vs. JBoss Hot Undeploy

Michael LaBrot mlabrot at hegemony.com
Wed Mar 3 11:14:41 EST 2010

I have boiled my issue down to a simple JCA RAR project in an EAR. The only
code is the creation of an object that implements
ExternalResourceReleasable. The EAR contains the RAR and netty-3.1.5.GA.jar.
When the EAR is removed from the JBoss 5.1 Server, I receive many stack
traces and it all begins with WARN  [StartStopLifecycleAction] Error during
stop for org.jboss.netty.internal.ResourceFactory
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jboss/netty/util/internal/ExecutorUtil
at
org.jboss.netty.container.microcontainer.NettyResourceFactory.stop(NettyResourceFactory.java:54)

The code:

public class Foo implements
        org.jboss.netty.util.ExternalResourceReleasable
{
    @Override
    public void releaseExternalResources()
    {
    }
}

public class MyResourceAdapter implements
        javax.resource.spi.ResourceAdapter.ResourceAdapter
{
    // All other overrides are empty and ommitted from this listing for
clarity.

    @Override
    public void start(javax.resource.spi.BootstrapContext serverCtx)
            throws javax.resource.spi.ResourceAdapterInternalException
    {
        Foo foo = new Foo();
    }
}