ExternalResourceReleasable vs. JBoss Hot Undeploy

Michael LaBrot mlabrot at hegemony.com
Mon Mar 8 09:29:29 EST 2010

The ServerBootstrap (which I am using) implements
ExternalResourceReleasable, but nothing in the ServerBootstrap
implementation causes the issue. It's just the implementation of
ExternalResourceReleasable that is enough, as my test shows. It seems to me
that JBoss is undeploying the EAR before whatever is trying to release the
ExternalResourceReleasable runs (or completes), but the Netty JAR (which was
in the EAR) is no longer in the classpath.

Using eclipse, create a J2C project, add the code below and specify the
MyResourceAdapter class in the ra.xml under
/connector/resourceadapter/resourceadapter-class/. Add the RAR (from the J2C
project) and the Netty JAR to an EAR. Deploy, then un-deploy while JBoss is
still running.

Michael LaBrot

  _____