[rules-dev] Branch day for 5.2.0.M1: next Thursday 16-DEC-2010 18:00 GMT

Jervis Liu jliu at redhat.com
Wed Dec 15 02:51:45 EST 2010

On 2010/12/15 5:58, Andrew Waterman wrote:
> Sorry about the previous email, I thought I had closed the message, not
> hit the send button.
>
> Anyway, my question was in regards to the small changes that I put
> together for allowing package compilation and snapshot creation in bug
> GUVNOR-1080. [https://issues.jboss.org/browse/GUVNOR-1080]
>
> Will Jervis and/or Toni be backing those out in favor of the larger
> RESTful implementation proposed here?
>
>> http://community.jboss.org/wiki/AtomPubinterfaceforGuvnor
>
> Or will the changes be kept in until these ideas can be agreed to and
> implemented in a later build/release?

Hi Andrew, your patch is already on trunk and it can continue to live
there. The proposed JAX-RS impl can coexist with the old REST impl. This
way we dont have to worry about backward comparability. Of course once
the new JAX-RS impl is in place, we can advise users to migrate to the
new impl gradually.

Cheers,
Jervis