[rules-dev] Trouble using constants to access Maps

@ndré andre at bonkowski.net
Sun Jan 31 10:25:34 EST 2010

I tried version the MVEL version from 1.3.9 to 1.3.12, but I can still not
make use of the constant class. Above MVEL 1.3.12 I get the
lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.mvel.MVEL.setThreadSafe(Z)V

The error message I receive now is different from the original one.
Refering directly to the "constant" like this:
AgreementOffer($logicalFixedNumber:configurationParameters[ParameterId.LOGICAL_NUMBER_FIXED.stringValue])

produces this error,
 org.mvel.CompileException: unable to resolve property: unable to resolve
token: ParameterId.LOGICAL_NUMBER_FIXED.stringValue

and when first assigns the value to a variable:

$xx:String(this != null) from ParameterId.LOGICAL_NUMBER_FIXED.stringValue
AgreementOffer($logicalFixedNumber:configurationParameters[$xx])

produces a similar error:

org.mvel.CompileException: unable to resolve property: $xx

@ndré