[rules-dev] Problem setting up Guvnor to run in hosted mode in eclipse

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 07:50:48 EDT 2011

In the project properties, set Google->Web Application->This project has a
WAR directory to "target/guvnor-webapp-5.4.0-SNAPSHOT" (will be different
with different versions).

My run config is as follows:-

*Main class ("Main" tab in the run config)
*com.google.gwt.dev.DevMode

*Program arguments ("Arguments" tab in the run config)
*-war
/home/manstis/workspaces/git/droolsjbpm/guvnor/guvnor-webapp/target/guvnor-webapp-5.4.0-SNAPSHOT
-remoteUI "${gwt_remote_ui_server_port}:${unique_id}" -startupUrl index.jsp
-logLevel INFO -codeServerPort 9997 -port 8888
org.drools.guvnor.FastCompiledGuvnor org.drools.guvnor.Guvnor

Jervis Liu (jliu, on #guvnor) also has problems running from within Eclipse
and we hope to try to work together tomorrow to resolve. I don't know if
his problem is identical to yours.

I've seen the error you report, but usually refreshing the project in
Eclipse makes it disappear (not sure if it is concidental, but I normally
refresh after mvn -clean -install'ing... and don't experience your problem).

Have a try and let me know....

On 2 November 2011 11:41, Mikael Lönneberg <emil at snickeboa.com> wrote:

> Yes I'm running the Master branch. I tried to run it following the
> instructions in the readme:
>
> Run GWT in hosted mode
>
>    - Open menu *Run*, menu item *Run configurations...*
>    - In the list, select *Web Application*, button *new launch
>    configuration*
>    - Tab *Main*, Project: guvnor-webapp
>    - Tab *GWT*, list *Available Modules*: Guvnor - org.drools.guvnor
>    - Tab *GWT*, textfield *URL*: org.drools.guvnor.Guvnor/Guvnor.html
>    - Button *Run*.
>

> In my Run Configuration I have the following arguments -war
> /home/miklo/workspace-drools/guvnor/guvnor-webapp/target -remoteUI
> "${gwt_remote_ui_server_port}:${unique_id}" -startupUrl
> 'org.drools.guvnor.Guvnor/Guvnor.html' -logLevel INFO -codeServerPort 9997
> -port 8888 org.drools.guvnor.FastCompiledGuvnor
>
> Where do I set it up to use an external WAR folder?
>
> Should I do something different?
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Mikael
>
> On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 10:38 AM, Michael Anstis <michael.anstis at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Are you using the master branch?
>>
>> How are you running the application in Eclipse?
>>
>> Since the move to Seam 3 I have found I need to set the project to use an
>> external WAR folder, rather than simply run as GWT Web Application.
>>
>> On 2 November 2011 05:55, Mikael Lönneberg <emil at snickeboa.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I hope one of you nice people will be able to help.
>>> I'm trying to setup Guvnor for development and debugging in eclipse in
>>> hopes of being able to contribute. However I have spent a couple of days
>>> now trying to get it setup but I keep running into problems.
>>> Now when I try to run it I get
>>>    org.drools.guvnor.FastCompiledGuvnor
>>>          [ERROR] Unable to load class
>>> 'org.drools.guvnor.gwtutil.PerspectiveFactoryGenerator'
>>> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: