[rules-dev] Quotes from javadoc of 6.0.0 Beta 3

Mario Fusco mario.fusco at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 09:46:40 EDT 2013

> Quotes from Javadoc of 6.0.0 Beta 3
>
> (1)
> org.kie.api.builder Interface KieBuilder
>
> "Sets the other KieModules from which the KieModule that has to be
> built by this KieBuilder depends on"
>
> "Sets the other Resources from which the KieModule that has to be
> built by this KieBuilder depends on"
>
> I had to read these several times... Does this mean:
>
> The KieModule to be built by this KieBuilder depends on the given
> KieModules.
>
> The KieModule to be built by this KieBuilder depends on the given
> Dependencies.

Not sure I get the difference between these last 2 sentences. It means the
given KieModules are dependencies for the KieModule that is going to be
built. Can you suggest a better way to make this more understandable in
plain English?

> =*=*=
> (2)
> org.kie.api Interface KieBase
>
> removeProcess(String processId)
>           Removes a process from the specified package.
>
> Where is the "specified package"? Either javadoc is incorrect or the
> parameter is missing.

Wrong Javadoc. Fixed.

> =*=*=
> (3)
> Which English is it?
>
>   EqualityBehaviorOption        getEqualsBehavior()
>           Returns the EqualityBehavior of this KieBaseModel
>   EqualityBehaviorOption - Enum in org.kie.api.conf
>     An Enum for EqualityBehavior option.
>
> BUT
>

> org.kie.api.management.KieBaseConfigurationMonitorMBean.getAssertBehaviour()

I guess that last method name should be changed, but I am not sure it is a
good idea to do it now since it will break compatibility.

> =*=*=
> (4)
> getClockType() - Method in interface
> org.kie.api.builder.model.KieSessionModel
>     Returns the EqualityBehavior of this KieSessionModel
> REALLY?

Bad copy&paste. Fixed.

> =*=*=
> (5)
> execute(Iterable) - Method in interface
> org.kie.api.runtime.rule.StatelessRuleSession
>     Execute a StatelessKnowledSession, iterate the Iterable inserting
> each of it's elements.
>
> => its
>
> (Several times.)

Fixed.

> =*=*=
> (6)
> org.kie.api.runtime Interface KieRuntime
>
> setGlobal(String identifier, Object value)
>           Sets a global value on the internal collection
>
> Which "internal collection"? A global becomes an object in a KieSessions?

Fixed.

> =*=*=
> (7)
> org.kie.api.runtime.rule Interface StatelessRuleSession
>
>   StatelessKnowledSession => Stateless?????Session
>
> Rule? Knowledge? (Occurs several times.)

It should have been StatelessKieSession. Fixed.

> =*=*=
> (8)
> org.kie.api.runtime Class ClassObjectFilter
>
> Filters Objects by Class, only accepting Classes of the specified type
> =>
> Filters objects by class, only accepting objects of the class
> specified in the constructor
>
> Returning true means the Iterator accepts, and thus returns, the
> current Object's Class type.
> =>
> Returns true if the Iterator accepts the given object according to its
> class.

Ok.

> =*=*=
> (9)
> Package org.kie.api.runtime
>
> The runtime engine classes, including StatefulKnowledgeSession and
> StatelessKnowledgeSession.
>
> StatelessKnowledgeSession and StatefulKnowledgeSession  are gone now,
> aren't they?
> =*=*=
> (10)
> org.kie.api.runtime Interface CommandExecutor
>
> Batch Executor allows for the scripting of of a Knowledge session
> using Commands, both the StatelessKnowledgeSession and
> StatefulKnowledgeSession implement this interface.
>
> StatelessKnowledgeSession and StatefulKnowledgeSession  are gone now,
> aren't they?

StatelessKnowledgeSession and StatefulKnowledgeSession have been replaced
respectively by KieSession and StatelessKieSession. We are keeping the
first ones as aliases for the second ones in kie-internal only for
compatibility reasons.

> =*=*=
> (11)
> org.kie.api.runtime Interface KieSessionConfiguration
>
> (a)
> KnowledgeSessionConfiguration A class to store Session related
> configuration
> =>
> A class to store a session related configuration.
>
> (b)
> KnowledgeSession => KieSession (?, occurs several times)
>
> (c) Doesn't seem right:
> ...behaviour inside KnowledgeSession. drools.keepReference =
>  drools.clockType =

FIxed.

=*=*=
> (12)
> Message is not a good choice. KieMessage would have been better...
> =*=*=

Too late to change it now.

Thanks a lot for having reviewed this.
Mario