[rules-users] Custom EvaluatorFactory

Andy Mei andy.d.mei at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 10:35:40 EST 2007

Hi Edson,

This is exactly what I am looking for, thanks!

One comment, is it possible to expand on list of operators Drools support?
Better yet, make it plugable just like EvaluatorDefinition.

Correct me if I am wrong, but here are list of operators Drools support:

http://anonsvn.labs.jboss.com/labs/jbossrules/trunk/drools-core/src/main/java/org/drools/base/evaluators/Operator.java

Would it be possible if I could add additional operators like '+', '-', '/',
'%'... to any objects.  For example, I would love to allow users to write
syntax below, where user could subtract 3 days from the current day.

  $p : Position ( settlementDate < ( $TODAY - '3D' ) )

I love the project, keep up the good work.  I am negotiating with management
to purchase support contract from Redhat.

Andy