[rules-users] Few inquiries about Drools

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 06:03:04 EDT 2010

2010/9/30 Nirmal Fernando <nirmal070125 at gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> We are thinking of using Drools rules engine, for our application. But we
> have few questions, that we would really happy to get explanations about.
>
> 1) Is the latest version Drools 5.1 supports backward chaining? If so since
> which release you started to support backward chaining?

Drools 5 supports backward chaining; Drools 4 does not.

> 2) Are you using "Crisp Logic"? (we can only insert "facts" that are
> true/false)

There is no fuzzy logic. Facts, represented by Java objects (usually
JavaBean style) are, by definition, true; you never insert data representing
a false proposition.

> 3) Whether Drools allow to intermingle the RuleBase and the WorkingMemory?

Please explain what you mean by "intermingle". A Rule Base (preferably now:
Knowledge Base) contains rules; you create any number of sessions from that,
and each of these has its own Working Memory.

-W