[rules-users] RuleFlow only calling first RuleFlowGroup when called through drools-server

Robby MacPhail rtmacphail at gov.pe.ca
Fri Feb 18 11:40:43 EST 2011

Alright. So do I have to worry about contamination between rule flows.

Consider the following scenario:

1) Instantiate Fact Model A with property A = 10.
2) Insert Fact Model A into Working Memory
3) Start Process A.
4) Instantiate second instance of Fact Model A with property A = 20.
5) Start Process A again.

So are there now two separate instances of Fact Model A in working memory or is there still only one instance and property A has been updated to 20? Will process B find the correct value (20)? Is it thread safe? Will unused fact objects hang around forever?

Sorry if I'm being a little thick about this. Maybe I'm worrying about nothing.

Thanks for your response.

>>> JeffMax <jeffmax at gmail.com> 2/18/2011 11:31 AM >>>

My experience has been (and I believe the expected behavior of stateful
sessions) is that the state of your working memory will not be cleaned up
between flow executions. If,for example, one flow execution inserts a new
fact into working memory, then a subsequent flow execution would see that
fact in working memory.

For my requirements, which was to use Drools-Server as a stateless, request
- response server, with no shared state between requests, it was necessary
to use a stateless session.

- Jeff

Statement of Confidentiality
This message (including attachments) may contain confidential or privileged information intended for a specific individual or organization. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email, and should promptly delete this email from your entire computer system.