[rules-users] RuleFlow only calling first RuleFlowGroup when called through drools-server

elitwin eric.litwin at pnmac.com
Wed Feb 23 11:34:22 EST 2011

elitwin wrote:

> There are two issues posted in Jira about this.
>
> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBRULES-2718
> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBRULES-2728 (duplicate of 2718)
>
> I am not sure if/when there is any plan to fix this in 5.1.x.
>
> I may have to revert back to 5.0.1.
> I was also going to try 5.2.0.M1 to see if it works, but a 5.2 FINAL
> release is probably pretty far off, so I don't think that is a realistic
> alternative.

I decided to try using salience instead of RuleFlow to try to control the
order in which the rules fire. It is not ideal, but I thought I could get it
to work. However, I am seeing rules with higher salience firing after rules
with much lower salience. It doesn't consistently happen, but it seems that
salience is not very reliable across a large number of rules.

Still curious to know if there are plans to address the above issues (2718)
in 5.1.1. It seems like this is fairly important functionality.

Eric