[rules-users] Guvnor another few questions...

Vincent LEGENDRE vincent.legendre at eurodecision.com
Thu Jul 7 16:03:09 EDT 2011

Yes, but that looks like a very very limited version of the literal value.
I really don't see any benefit in the predicate, other than being a shortcut for
choosing a field literal value = true or false... am I missing something here?

Yes, I think you are missing some things.
You can write exactly the same arbitrary things you could write in a nested "eval(...)" in a DRL constraint.
But the dialog box is not really friendly :)

Let's say you have a pattern on a object name $o (I assume you have found how to create a pattern object linked to a variable's name in guvnor decision tables), and a function "f(Object)" you want to apply to this object in your constraint .
In your column's edit box, choose the object you work with (ie $o), choose "predicate", and then type "f($o)" in the field where there is the text "not relevant for predicates" (which is obviously a lie, this first field is mandatory for predicates ....)

Well, unless one can upload a Java _source_ file or link it somehow, just seeing
the files still doesn't bring much except some comfort "look here they are".

Guvnor is made for business users, I don't think that java code should be uploaded in it... and I can't see the confort induced by polluting your Guvnor with unecessary files ...

I create a new rule flow in _Guvnor_. I land on the "upload resource" tab. The
RF is created but it's obviously empty. I do nothing there but immediately
switch to Eclipse, refresh Guvnor repo view, click on the freshly created RF,
bang.

Never tried that. May be Guvnor is creating JBPM files (instead of old-style RF files) and you don't have the JBPM jars in Eclipse ?
I always edit my ruleflows under eclipse (old usage because it is really recent that Guvnor can edit them).