[rules-users] Future events

lexsoto lexsoto at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 16:58:01 EDT 2012

Thanks Edson for your reply, however I am still not clear about why the rule
is firing if the time stamp of the event falls outside the time window.
This can happen, for example, if the event originates in a machine with
clock slightly ahead. I think the problem also occurs if the time is in the
past; I would not want  to take action on a future or old event.

I understand that events are immutable, and I am not changing the event in
any way.  However, I expect the "sliding time window" to be changing along
with the system clock until it reaches the timestamp of the event.
My question still unanswered, why is the rule firing outside its time
window? Is there a way to make this work?  Any advice about how to address
this use case?

Thanks