[rules-users] Drools6 : Having trouble in using kie-ci

vimalkansal vimalkansal at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 11 19:04:29 EST 2013

Yes, you are correct, my application, .m2 and kie-wb are running on the same
machine., and I can see your point. But in the different instance(the
scenario that I originally described) I have a web application, .m2 and
kie-web running on the same machine and my code is not able to download the
jar file from local .m2 repo. I may also add that these 2 scenarios are on
different machines :

Machine 1: Java SE App, .m2, Kie-wb with M2_HOME env variable setup  -- this
works

Machine 2: Java Web app, maven repo, Kie-wb (I am not sure if M2_HOME is
setup, as this is different developers machine)

I had a brief look at org.kie.scanner.embedder.MavenSettings.java and I have
the feeling that on machine 2 (M2_HOME) is not set up, so basically the
embedded maven is not pointing to the same maven repo to which Kie-wb is. I
will try that when the developer is back.

So as you can see, I am still working with local maven repo scenario. Now
coming back to what you have suggested(for remote repo), i.e include the
remote repo and the dependency on artifact (containing rules) in my
applications POM file. Now this is confusing : Isn't the pom file used only
at build stage when it will download any dependencies from the repositories
specified in pom.xml, settings.xml? So in a way when I declare the
dependency on my rule artifact in my applications's pom.xml, I am
downloading the artifact at compile time. In other words when my application
starts running, by that time it already has that artifact(i.e rules). After
reading the doc I had the impression that by having kie-ci on classpath of
the web app, web app should be able to download the artifact at run time
rather than compile time.

Thx

Vimal