[rules-users] Optaplanner - Linking time windows of vendors and the depot

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 03:26:44 EDT 2014

On 19-06-14 15:30, alainb wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I'm trying to model multiple time windows of the same vendor by multiplying
> the vendors with different time windows and demand. This seems to work.
> However, I can do the same with the depot but it doesn't represent what I
> need.
>
> I'm using salomon tw example, but i need certain demand to be there in one
> time window of the depot, and other demand at the other time window of the
> depot. In other words, I would need to link demand at a time window of a
> vendor to a specific time window of the depot.
>
> Does anyone know if there is any possibility to do this? Or can somebody
> suggest me some further steps. I would be really thankful.

Not 100% sure what you mean, but I think this might work:
Change the ArrivalTimeUpdatingVariableListener as follows:
- Introduce a new shadow variable on Vehicle called returnTime.
- If the last Customer (= for which nextCustomer == null) in a chain
gets a new arrivalTime, also adjust the returnTime of the Vehicle of
that chain,
such that vehicle.returnTime = lastCustomer.departureTime +
travelTime(lastCustomer, depot)