[seam-dev] Re: [Seam Dev] Re: EJB3/JNDI bindings/ordering

Carlo de Wolf cdewolf at redhat.com
Mon Mar 31 03:46:20 EDT 2008

Pete Muir wrote:
> I fought quite extensively over this and I'm not really prepared to
> spend (waste) any more time on it.
>
> TBH, I'm not even sure that anyone from EJB3/AS/MC actually gets what
> this feature actually is and why it is important *. The main discussion
> the EJB3/AS/MC guys wanted to have seemed to be over who was to "blame"
> for Seam apps not running on AS5, a discussion which I have absolutely
> no interest in pursuing *.

I think we get the feature and know why we all want it. I keep running
into similar issues myself
(http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=132269).

But currently we're at a stalemate here and I'm out of moves.

> In fact, this whole discussion (and other similar ones) left me pretty
> sour in the mouth. The general impression I got was that Seam as a
> vehicle for pushing EJB3 wasn't interesting for the EJB3 guys, from
> which I formed the conclusion that we would probably be better off
> concentrating on the Seam JavaBean component model.
>
> And so, if anyone else wants to pick up the AS5 integration work/liaison
> from me, please do!
>
> * There are a couple of exceptions to this of course
>
> On 29 Mar 2008, at 14:25, Gavin King wrote:
>>
>> Agreed, we definitely can't say that Seam supports JBoss5 until this
>> feature is back in.

You got my vote.

>> One of the critical selling features of Seam is that no XML is
>> required to declare a component.
>>
>> Anyway, this feature will be in the next rev of EJB.

Either you mean JavaEE or I missed something. I don't see it in the
latest EJB3.1 draft, maybe it should be raised?

Carlo