[seam-dev] Seam 2.1 branch

Ondřej Skutka oskutka at redhat.com
Mon Apr 20 03:24:18 EDT 2009

Pete Muir píše v Ne 19. 04. 2009 v 19:19 +0100:
> On 19 Apr 2009, at 12:48, Shane Bryzak wrote:
>
> > The majority of the restructure is now complete, and what was in
> > Seam trunk has now been moved to the Seam_2_1 branch:
> >
> > https://svn.jboss.org/repos/seam/branches/community/Seam_2_1/
> >
> > Any further development on Seam 2.1.x should be done in this branch,
> > and only Seam 3.x development should now be happening in trunk.
> > From here onward there is still a lot of work to get trunk to a
> > stable form, which will be my top priority this week.  In no
> > particular order:
>
> Can we shift the new stuff up one level, having it in trunk/modules/
> trunk is weird ;-)
>
> Let's leave all the legacy stuff (build, bootstrap, random scripts,
> eclipse project info) in trunk for now.
>
> Common should start empty and we can move code from the old seam core
> bit by bit.
>
> Personally, I would start all modules empty - it saves on having to
> apply updates to trunk and the 2.1 branch for now (until it is
> actually ported).
>

> > 1. The build needs to be fixed.  We will be moving to a maven-based
> > build at least for modules and common.  This gets number one priority.
>
> We should use maven to build example artifacts too probably, and use
> ant for the deployment.
>

> > 2. Examples build needs to be fixed - Dan do you think you could
> > work on this?
> > 3. Docs build need to be fixed.  As each module has now become its
> > own standalone project, the documentation will need to be self-
> > contained within each module.  So for example, docs for the pdf
> > feature should be contained under modules/trunk/pdf/docs.  We still
> > need a master documentation build for when we do a full Seam
> > release, which will include the docs for all modules.  We also need
> > to notify the documentation team so that they can update their build
> > system.  Pete do you know who we should contact for this?
>
> How do you mean? What will break?
>

> > 4. The Hudson build is currently broken, so for now we should
> > disable it for trunk.  We also need to set up new Hudson builds for
> > the 2_1 branch.  Pete, can you please delegate this task to the
> > appropriate person?
>
> Ondrej, can you take care of this?

I can make current Hudson jobs (Seam-trunk-*) run on the 2_1 branch
(E.g. renaming them to seam-2.1-*). But there is currently no capacity
to create new jobs for the new trunk, because all Seam QE team is set on
WFK testing, which has higher priority and still we are chasing
deadlines.

Could someone more familiar with the new svn structure do the Hudson
change?