[seam-dev] Seam 2.1.2 release

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 14:30:45 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 9:43 AM, Max Rydahl Andersen <
max.andersen at redhat.com> wrote:

> Pete Muir wrote:
>
>> So apparently, I misremembered the outcome of this discussion (which was
>> that not having a GA qualifier breaks all sorts of stuff), and we should go
>> back to numbering them with the GA qualifier.
>>
>> Max, will it break your stuff with this no-qualifier release in there? Do
>> we have to redo the release?
>>
> I dont have it downloaded yet, but just try and add it as a runtime in
> JBossTools if you can do that it works...if not something gotta change ;)
>
> But more importantly, maven repo needs it doesn't it ?

My concern here is that we really didn't give the community any warning.
Granted, the idea of the community release is to test out these things, but
still, I think we should either go with a dual-naming release (so have both)
or we use .GA and announce that 2.2.0 will be w/o the .GA.

It really isn't going to break Maven 2. If anything, the .GA was breaking
Maven 2 conventions because most projects just have a numeric version. But
going back to my first point, there could be a lot of scripts out there that
are appending .GA to a version number loaded from a property because they
assume that JBoss adds this extension when doing a final release.

http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Dan

NOTE: While I make a strong effort to keep up with my email on a daily
basis, personal or other work matters can sometimes keep me away
from my email. If you contact me, but don't hear back for more than a week,
it is very likely that I am excessively backlogged or the message was
caught in the spam filters.  Please don't hesitate to resend a message if
you feel that it did not reach my attention.