[seam-dev] package naming conventions

Jason Porter lightguard.jp at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 01:00:41 EDT 2010

On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 11:21, Dan Allen <dan.j.allen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Module writers,
>
> For as much as we all enjoy discussing things like naming conventions
> (not), I do feel that we need to establish some consistency across modules.
> Rather than devising some arbitrary scheme, I'd rather build on the package
> name choices that are coming out of the modules and try to align on what
> seems natural.
>
> Tihomir raised an important point with respect to qualifiers. When doing
> XML Bean Config, the configuration is clearer if qualifiers are in their own
> package so they can be bound to a unique namespace prefix. This
> helps distinguish the qualifier elements from the class elements (like class
> name, method, field, etc). As for other annotations, Seam has traditionally
> put them in the "annotations" subpackage, which Shane has done in remoting
> and security.

As a consumer I would love to see all
qualifiers/annotations/interceptors/decorators/etc in the same package, it
just makes things easier to find when you're looking for classes or javadoc.
 This is also probably easier for people migrating from Seam2 to understand
how to easily migrate.

> Registered Linux User #231597

> http://www.google.com/profiles/dan.j.allen

Jason Porter