[seam-dev] Seam 3 Beta this week!

Ken Finnigan ken at kenfinnigan.me
Wed Jan 19 08:16:58 EST 2011

For some context on the reasons for bringing jboss-logging into solder,
please take a look at
http://seamframework.org/Seam3/JBossLoggingIntegrationfor full
details.

In a nutshell it's to enable us to remove the dependency on jboss-logging,
while enabling us some flexibility in terms of creating our own annotations,
that don't clash with jboss-logging and cause confusion.  The reason being
that the annotations within jboss-logging were never intended for developer
consumption, they are intended for use within the JBoss AS container.  For
this reason the port into solder removes those annotations from
jboss-logging, and moves them to a solder package where appropriate.

Feel free to amend the wiki page if there are other items that you feel are
of merit.

Thanks
Ken