[security-dev] PicketLink IDM Relationships and SASL Authorizations

Pedro Igor Silva psilva at redhat.com
Fri Jun 21 15:55:14 EDT 2013

----- Original Message -----

  Yeah, I agree. But usually the IDM data will be cached and this can help.

> In a similar way how are the agent to group to role queries handled?  If
> a user is a member of a group and the group is associated with a role
> does the user have that role or does the relationship need to be
> manually queried?

Something like this ?

https://github.com/picketlink/picketlink/blob/master/modules/idm/tests/src/test/java/org/picketlink/test/idm/relationship/AgentGroupRoleRelationshipTestCase.java#L106

In this test we have the following scenario:

    Administrators -> System Administrators
    Administrators -> Database Administrators

    Agent is the "Manager" of Administrators. So he is also manager of System and Database Administrators groups.