----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Burke" <bburke(a)redhat.com>
Sent: Tuesday, 15 July, 2014 8:59:24 PM
Subject: [keycloak-dev] UserProvider merged
* ModelProvider renamed to RealmProvider
* All user related methods except for credential validation removed from
* KeycloakSession.users() gets you a UserProvider
* All classes now use UserProvider to work with users.
* KeycloakSession.model() renamed to realms()
* There are two cache providers now. One for realms, other for users.
* JPA UserRoleMappingEntity and UserEntity still have @ManyToOne to
RoleEntity and RealmEntity respectively. Do we want to keep these
I think we should not have any direct links (i.e. foreign keys) between entities in user
provider and realm provider.
* JPA and Mongo RealmEntity and UserEntity should be refactored to
attribute based as in the Hybrid model. As Stian suggested, this will
allow us flexibility in the future.
I'd also like to have a generic configuration mechanism for providers. This would
include being able to store configuration as well as change it through the admin console.
Potentially something I could work on while you guys do sync?
* Credential validation, update needs to move from RealmModel to
UserProvider. I'll do this tomorrow.
JBoss, a division of Red Hat
keycloak-dev mailing list