Weinan Li / JBoss
On Jun 1, 2016, at 9:14 AM, Ron Sigal <rsigal(a)redhat.com>
After slogging through as many bug JIRAs as possible for 3.0.17.Final, I felt like I
needed to do something different for a while, so I started looking at non-blocking IO for
JAX-RS 2.1. One of the issues I ran into is the servlet version problem. Even though
resteasy-jaxrs declares a dependency on servlet 3.1, its dependency on tjws brings in
servlet 2.5, which gets in the way of using servlet 3.1. I've done some refactoring:
1) moved everything related to tjws from resteasy-jaxrs to tjws
2) moved all tests (except i18n tests) from resteasy-jaxrs to resteasy-jaxrs-testsuite
(so resteasy-jaxrs doesn't depend on tjws)
3) removed the dependency of resteasy-jaxrs on tjws
4) created a dependency of tjws on resteasy-jaxrs
Thanks for cleanup Ron! :-)
I thought I'd ask for comments before I create a pull request. Two points come to
1) Originally, resteasy-jaxrs-testsuite was created to hold tests specifically related to
JAX-RS 2.0 (hence the nextgen packages). The plan was to upgrade all of the old tests to
use JAX-RS 2.0 stuff like the new client framework, but it never happened. This might be a
good time to do that.
Before when I fixed the bugs, I have put all the tests for
newer versions into 'nextgen' packages and the tests for resteasy non-standard
features into the other packages.
Especially for the 1.x resteasy clients + filters + interceptors (which are non standard
features), I guese we should treat it same like 'tjws' to deprecate them.
2) I know we've talked about what to do with tjws, but I
don't know if we reached a conclusion. This would be a good time to deprecate it, if
we're going to do that.
+1 to deprecate it and migrate our tests still using the
tjws fully to RESTEasy's cool undertow container :-)
My company's smarter than your company (unless you work for Red Hat)
resteasy-dev mailing list