Openshift Origin Release Candidate 1 is now available.
Unfortunately, Metrics is not in this release candidate ...and will be in the next version 1.0.8, which I presume will be Release Candidate 2.
So ...when Release Candidate 2 becomes available ... we will have to test extremely quickly ..as GA is scheduled for November 19th.
Here's a strawman of the QE Plan:
* When Openshift 3.1 Release Candidate 2 is available (I think it is November 9th ...from looking at the document from the OSE PM call) ...we need to jump right on this.
* We have a 5-point QE Plan ... but with just 10 days to test ...I don't think we will make enough progress with automation in that limited amount of time.
* Let's focus on a manual qualification ...
* a visual inspection of the Openshift Admin Console to see if metrics from Hawk-metrics are appearing
* re-execute the few testcases we have (ie, the curl command ... and visually inspect the data)
If there is an issue detected, we will need fast turnaround time from Hawk-Metrics developers. Please. * QE Deliverable is a documented testcase execution run in Polarion, and a QE Sign-off document ...so I can communicate what was done and the test results.
QE Supervisor, Middleware QE
----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Clayton Coleman" <ccoleman(a)redhat.com>
To: "aos-devel" <aos-devel(a)redhat.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2015 12:27:14 PM
Subject: Re: [aos-devel] v1.0.7 is out for download (release candidate 1 for Origin 1.1)
On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 2:26 PM, Clayton Coleman <ccoleman(a)redhat.com> wrote:
> v1.0.7 has been tagged, pushed to the Docker Hub, and uploaded to
> GitHub. The release notes are here
> This is the first release candidate for Origin 1.1. There are a ton
> of new features, a massive amount of new UI, and lots of exciting new
> Some features are still in the process of being merged (Jobs,
> Horizontal Pod Autoscaler, Metrics, Logging) - expect to see them in
> Please note that v1beta3 is now no longer supported in the UI, and you
> will need to change your master config to use a different storage
> version if you are still using v1beta3 (old data will continue to
> work). If you hit any issues upgrading your clusters, please let us