On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 6:22 AM Brian Stansberry <
On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 7:19 PM James Perkins <jperkins(a)redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi Brian,
> +1 from me with the question below on point 2.
> On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 9:42 AM Brian Stansberry <
> brian.stansberry(a)redhat.com> wrote:
>> In my announcement of the WildFly 19 Beta1 release I said that we'd
>> likely delay the Final release a bit to evaluate the possibility of
>> supporting MicroProfile 3.3, which is due out in February. Our
>> investigations of that are looking favorable, so I'd like to propose the
>> 1) Delay the WildFly 19 Final release until shortly after the
>> approximately Feb 18 MicroProfile 3.3 release in order to bring it in.
>> 2) We make next Fri Feb 7 the cutoff for having other changes for 19
>> merged into master. For changes going into WildFly Core the cutoff would be
>> next Tue Feb 4.
> Does this mean features or just bug fixes?
I'd say just bug fixes, with possible consideration for a feature if
there's a very strong case it needs to be in. But in general I think we're
done with features other than MP 3.3.
Perfect this was my hope and I assumed what you meant, but just wanted to
>> 3) On Feb 7 create a 19.x branch that we will use for the MicroProfile
>> 3.3 work. WildFly 19 would be released from this branch.
>> 4) This means from that point the master branch would be open for work
>> on WildFly 20.
>> 5) Any very high priority bug fixes we identify before 19 Final we would
>> also port to 19.x. But the goal should be to have anything we know of now
>> in before we create the branch.
>> 6) If we hit some issue that makes it look like getting 3.3 in would go
>> past Feb we can reset and release WF 19 with MicroProfile 3.2.
>> Best regards,
>> wildfly-dev mailing list
> James R. Perkins
> JBoss by Red Hat
Manager, Senior Principal Software Engineer
James R. Perkins
JBoss by Red Hat