Issue Type: Feature Request
Components: Distributed Cache, Querying
Reporter: Manik Surtani
Assignee: Manik Surtani
Fix For: 5.1.0.BETA1, 5.1.0.GA
The holy grail of querying.
* Indexes are _never_ shared.
* Each node maintains local indexes for state it is responsible
* Indexes could be in memory or disk.
* Queries themselves are distributed.
* The query object is built and broadcast to the entire cluster.
* Each node executes the query on its own _local_ index, returning
* The calling node returns a CacheQuery impl that lazily fetches
and collates results from the cluster.
* I expect this Map/Reduce model to perform very well since the
workload is split up and happens in parallel across multiple CPUs
against much smaller (individual) datasets.
* Works with all cache modes, including DIST.
* Need to make sure duplicates are handled, as well as failover.
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators:
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira