I've created a hibernate-search branch in the JDF repo for TiMo. Contributions
could be made via pull requests into this branch. If you need to squash commits or merge
stuff from master (due to bugfixes made available in master), a PR should be sufficient;
this is a dev branch so PRs wouldn't be held back by a review until a merge into
master would be required.
About the TODOs in your list, if some of them are blockers we should probably work on
them before merging into master. I'm not entirely sure about opening JIRAs for them.
It might be better to use JDF-57 <https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JDF-57>
or even create a new one if the underlying design does not match the comments there. What
do you think? As for the rest, opening new JIRAs should be ok after the merge.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Emmanuel Bernard" <emmanuel(a)hibernate.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 5, 2013 2:25:34 PM
Subject: [jdf-dev] Hibernate Search in TicketMonster
I did my marathon for my JUDCon presentation and integrated Hibernate
Search with TicketMonster. It is currently sitting in working form at
In short, there are:
- a search box
- a full-text search engine looking for event and venue names and
- an option to only search around you (50km) to demo geolocal searches
- faceting meaning the ability to filter results by category and by
While it is stable for my demo and while I am working on the tutorial
page, I would like to open the project up for contribution and list the
set of todos before we can integrate it into the main branch.
What's the best way to start contributing on a feature branch?
Does it make sense to push a hibernate-search branch to
while it matures?
Likewise, can I create my todos as JDF JIRAs? Maybe with a label?
For info the list of todos I have for the moment are
- Facets when selected have the wrong number for other sections
- search box is not centered
- implement search for the mobile version
- check that my code is sound (TiMo team) on backbone
- use backbone to represent the form publication of the search engine
- add admin console changes for the lat / long model change
- add pagination
- fix excludeLimit / type in faceting (HSEARCH-1338 / 1339)
- fix FacetGroupView and selection computation HSEARCH-1346
- consider using more regular POMs and not rely on JBoss Modules (it's a
pain for a user IMO as it required to play with the POM, update the
server modules and add the jboss-deployment file)
- finish tutorial :)
Of course the contribution will suffer from regular rebasing from master
but that's inevitable regardless of the scheme.
jdf-dev mailing list