Rafael, Jason and I did a brainstorm about this at JUDCon Brazil, and came up with the following proposal:
* jdf plugin for forge - longer term needs rolling into Forge core. This is issue https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGE-378. As this is proposed for Forge 2, we suggest not altering the version or group id of this plugin
* qstools - version scheme (starting 1.x) is good. Alter group id when we do the next major release only
- change group id to follow products:
- org.jboss.quickstart.eap, org.jboss.quickstart.jdg etc.
- add a sandbox group id which covers quickstarts not in products
- change versions to follow products major.minor.micro version, with a qualifier to allow bug fixes:
- e.g. 6.0.1-qs-1, 6.0.1-qs-2 etc
- use group id scheme same as quickstarts but use org.jboss.archetype.eap etc.
- follow same version scheme as quickstarts, but use -atype-1 etc.
- use group id scheme same as quickstarts but use org.jboss.bom.eap etc.
- follow same version scheme as quickstarts, but use -bom-1
- projects will be encouraged to create BOMs as well
Let me know what you think,
This is mostly to let you know where I am with the JDF issues that are assigned to me in JIRA.
Update TicketMonster for EAP 6.1:
* JDF-262 This was more or less complete, but for 6.1.0Alpha1. I need to go through once again through for EAP 6.1 GA related changes. Updates to the TiMo POM is most likely the only pending issue here.
* JDF-341 I need to make appropriate changes to the Forge script, and also verify that this would work on the community version (AS 7.1.1) we support. This is probably a different topic, but we may eventually have to drop AS 7.1.1 support (and/or introduce WildFly support at some time) since some of the JBoss modules would be outdated/not in sync compared to the EAP version.
* JDF-257 The JDF plugin needs to be enhanced to recognize community bits like RichFaces and replace them in the POM with the productized versions. I'm afraid I havent gotten around to this.
Corrections to Documentation:
* JDF-195 This is partially complete. I need to verify if the behavior of ADT installation from JBDS has been captured correctly; this seems to work differently when ADT and/or the Android SDK Tools is already installed on the machine.
* JDF-193 + JDF-196 This is more or less complete. I'll verify that it hasn't been impacted by the EAP 6.1 GA release, and merge the changes.
* JDF-259 This is partially complete, and needs syncing with the code changes made over the past couple of weeks.
* JDF-260 This is partially complete, and needs syncing with the code changes made over the past couple of weeks.
Issues pertaining to OpenShift deployments:
* JDF-339 This is a problem with the URL references in the image tags. Needs correction and some bit of testing for both desktop and mobile browsers.
* JDF-343 I haven't diagnosed this entirely, since I noticed this only when finishing off some work yesterday. Infinispan config related changes are expected. This did work previously with no changes to the app.
Forge generated scaffolding for TiMo:
* JDF-161 This has been triaged. All TiMo related issues have been sorted individually. Forge scaffolding related issues would be handled in Forge 1.3.1 and later (atleast one bug is fixed in 1.3.1 thus far, and maybe a few more if the release timeframe permits).
* JDF-118 This is dependent on JDF-161 is certain aspects. I'm undecided on whether to target Forge 1.3.0 or 1.3.1, since 1.3.1 is expected to require changes in the patches we have (or require newer patches) as well as changes to the checked-in scaffold. The patch approach would continue to be used since the documentation does not require checking out the sources from Git and building it.
Browser bugs in TiMo:
* JDF-325. I've found the root cause, but havent gotten around to applying and testing the fix even though it looks minor. It would require testing the fix on all browsers and mobile devices due to changes in the jQuery.ajax() configuration.
* JDF-329. This issue is a bit strange. I was unable to reproduce this on Safari 5.1.7 (Lion) and Safari 6.0.1? (Mountain Lion). I'll verify this further. A related issue going by Emmanuel's comments would be the browser versions we support for the Errai bits in TiMo. I've verified them to work on FF, Chrome, IE9 and 10, but not for Safari.
* JDF-328. Need to study this in a bit more detail to provide a fix.
* JDF-335. This is reliant on the Hybrid Mobile Project feature in JBT/JBDS. I intend to pick this up once it goes GA since this requires documentation + site updates.
* JDF-277. This would probably be closed as Wont-Fix, since we cannot fix this in our sources and requires a WebKit update in RHEL 6.x.
I'd like to know if anyone knows of related issues that I could fix in conjunction with these. Also, I'll be working on these in the order specified above (atleast in the categories presented), so if the priorities need to be sorted, do let me know.
I started a conversion on a PR,
about creating a maven plugin to validate the CLI scripts in the
Pete suggested this might be a good thing for Arquillian to support. I
did find and arquillian-maven plugin , but it looks like it hasn't
been updated in a while. I'm also not sure if the ARQ API can handle
scripts. I don't mind helping update the plugin if that seems like a
viable solution. Also I don't mind adding support to the WildFly ARQ to
allow for scripts.
If anyone has any thoughts or opinions on this feel free to express
them. I'm not sure if we even want to do the validation, but it does
seem it would be useful. Especially as quickstart targeted servers change.
James R. Perkins
JBoss by Red Hat