I just wanted to relay some updated timeline and goals information:
- 8.2.0 is still waiting on an EE7 TCK update which includes CDI 1.2. Last we heard
we should be getting this in the summer, so expect it sometime in August.
- 9.0.0.Beta1 is slated for September 9, 2014
- 9.0.0.CR1 is slated for October 10, 2014
- 9.0.0.Final is slated for November 11, 2014
Note that WildFly Core is now versioned separately and is currently at 1.0.0.Alpha5. Once
we are happy with the split it will be released Final. The core releases will move at a
faster pace. More info on that to come.
WildFly 9 will focus on the following major features:
- Core/Servlet/Full Split
- Graceful shutdown
- Elytron (Security improvments)
- Switching to the JDK ORB from JacORB
- Undertow as a mod_cluster frontend
- Subsystem Capabilities and Requirements
- EAP 6.4 RFEs (TBA)
If you have any questions or concerns, let me know!
Jason T. Greene
WildFly Lead / JBoss EAP Platform Architect
JBoss, a division of Red Hat
Show replies by date