Create interactive tutorial on using Infinispan
Issue Type: Task
Reporter: Manik Surtani
Assignee: Manik Surtani
Fix For: 4.0.0.BETA1, 4.0.0.GA
Should be a wiki page that takes the user through a set of examples, in an interactive
1. Use Groovy as an interactive console (specify that interactive Java console of choice
could be used: BeanShell, Jython, JRuby, even Scala)
2. Basic usage: create cache manager, create cache, put, remove, get, replace,
putIfAbsent, size. Demonstrate use of lifespans and maxAge
3. Configure with a transaction manager, demonstrate transactional use
4. Configure with a cache store. Demonstrate how state is persisted. Restart cache, to
demonstrate durability of cached data.
5. Configure with eviction. Demonstrate eviction with FIFO.
6. Configure with eviction and a cache store. Demonstrate FIFO + storage
7. Configure with REPL_SYNC + transactions. Start 2 shell instances, and demonstrate
caches replicating put, get, remove. Demonstrate with transactions as well.
For each of the above, we should create a configuration file. sample-configurations.xml,
with several named caches - 'Local', 'LocalTx', 'CacheStore',
'Eviction', 'CacheStoreEviction', 'ReplicatedTx'. This sample cfg
file should be shipped with the distribution so that people can refer to it.
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators:
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira