We have actually split up the wildfly code base recently, and the result of this is that
we now have 3 different Wildfly artifacts:
- Wildfly Core: The core platform (classloading, management etc)
- Wildfly Web: Core + Undertow
- Wildfly Full: everything else
It sounds like you want Wildfly Web, which is basically just a Servlet container, with our
modular class loading and management.
You can get it from maven central:
We have not really talked about / promoted this much yet, I should be writing more about
it over the coming months.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Nikander" <rob.nikander(a)gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, 23 November, 2014 1:03:31 AM
Subject: [undertow-dev] Undertow + modules = Wildfly?
I’m looking for a minimal webapp server, like Undertow, but I also want JBoss
modules (or something with that kind of classloading). Any thoughts on the
1. Using Wildfly and learning to turn stuff off. I don’t care about most of
2. Using only Undertow + the jars for JBoss modules.
Specifically, I’m wondering if there will be much difference in RAM usage,
and whether I could still write native Undertow handlers  if I go with
undertow-dev mailing list