;, how do you make sure that
the server is not overwhelmed with retries stored in memory? Is the client
response sent after the retry?
2016-10-25 23:44 GMT+02:00 Stefan Negrea <snegrea(a)redhat.com>:
I am happy to announce release 0.21.0 of Hawkular Metrics. This release is
anchored by performance enhancements and general fixes.
Here is a list of major changes:
- *Cassandra 3.0.9 is now the supported version of Cassandra.*
- Note: this is a rollback from previously supported version of 3.7
due to Cassandra community recommendations for stability and production
deployment. Cassandra 3.7 or 3.9 are still compatible but development and
testing use 3.0.9 release.
- Fixed an issue that allowed duplicate instances of the compression
job to get scheduled on server restart (HWKMETRICS-492
- Improved the fault tolerance of the compression job (
- Improved the performance of the merge process for reading
compressed data (HWKMETRICS-488
- Fixed wrong ordering when fetching compressed and uncompressed
- Compression job provides back pressure (HWKMETRICS-500
- The job scheduler now handles failure scenarios (HWKMETRICS-505
- Fixed an issue where the server can fail to start due to Cassalog
being in inconsistent state (HWKMETRICS-495
- gc_grace_second is set to zero for single node clusters (
- Inserting data points has server side retries to increase the fault
tolerance for simple error scenarios (HWKMETRICS-510
- fromEarliest parameter is now supported in all query endpoints (
- The configuration options did not have a consistent naming scheme.
hawkular-metrics, hawkular.metrics, and hawkular prefixes were used
along no prefixes.
- In this release the naming schema has been standardized to
hawkular.metrics.* for metrics specific configuration and hawkular.*
for general configuration.
- Here is list of all configuration options currently available:
- For more details: HWKMETRICS-508
*Hawkular Alerting - included*
- Version 1.3.0
- Project details and repository: Github
- Documentation: REST API Documentation
*Hawkular Metrics Clients*
- Python: https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular-client-python
- Go: https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular-client-go
- Ruby: https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular-client-ruby
- Java: https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular-client-java
Github Release: https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular-metrics/
JBoss Nexus Maven artifacts:
Jira release tracker:
A big "Thank you" goes to John Sanda, Matt Wringe, Michael Burman, Joel
Takvorian, Jay Shaughnessy, Lucas Ponce, and Heiko Rupp for their project
hawkular-dev mailing list