I am happy to announce release 0.16.0 of Hawkular Metrics. This release is
anchored by overall enhancements in the API and updates to String metric
Here is a list of major changes:
String Metric Type - Enhancements
- /strings endpoint was enhanced with querying capabilities similar to
other metric types, including tag related features (HWKMETRICS-402
- The endpoints under /strings are still experimental, so changes
which break backwards compatibility could be introduced in
The experimental tag allows time for feedback to better
determine what the
API should be.
*/stats & */raw Replace */data - second deprecation warning!
- */data has been deprecated and functionality split into two single
purpose endpoints, this is applicable for all metric types
availability, and string)
- */stats endpoints return bucketed, statistical or query-time
- */raw endpoints accept and return raw data for a metric
- Please update your code to use the new endpoints and follow the
release notes for more details regarding removal.
- For more details: HWKMETRICS-24
REST API Updates
- Empty buckets are now reported with default values and no samples (
- Rate of change stats can be retrieved for Gauge metrics. This
feature was exclusive for Counter metrics but was expanded to Gauge
metrics. The rates are computed at query time based on stored data (
- Min and max timestamps of stored datapoints are now returned when
querying for metric definitions (HWKMETRICS-383
- The endpoint for fetching rates now supports standard query
parameters and sort behavior (HWKMETRICS-390
Hawkular Metrics - Hawkular Services distribution
- Hawkular Metrics distribution build for inclusion in Hawkular Services
is now independent of Hawkular Accounts.
- Only for this distribution, the authentication is done at container
level and tenant id header becomes required.
- For more details: HWKMETRICS-399
Hawkular Metrics Clients
- Python: https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular-client-python
- Go: https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular-client-go
- Ruby: https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular-client-ruby
- Java: https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular-client-java
JBoss Nexus Maven artifacts:
Jira release tracker:
A big "Thank you" goes to John Sanda, Thomas Segismont, Matt Wringe, Mike
Thompson, Michael Burman, and Heiko Rupp for their project contributions.