After creating a project and setting up the addons, I decided to create a connection
profile in the hopes that forge 2 would use those parameters for database connectivity.
I was interested to note that I was never prompted to enter a password for my jdbc
As with Datasources in Forge 1, it seems that Forge 2 ignores connection profiles.
When I used the forge command jpa-generate-entities-from-tables I was prompted to enter
again all the information that I previously entered when creating the connection profile.
And again, there was no prompt to enter a password for the jdbc connection.
Not surprisingly, when forge attempted to connect to the mysql database, an "Access
Denied" exception was thrown. After a couple warnings about log4j appenders missing,
forge declared ***Success*** although 0 entities were generated.
So, my questions:
1. Rather than entering a Forge 2 command and then waiting to answer the prompts, is
there a way I can find out the keywords that would be accepted by the command ? I would
prefer to specify the parameters to the command on the same line as the command itself. I
tried entering the command with ? but that was not effective....
2. When I gave forge the config-list command, I saw a datasource from an obsolete project
that I have now retired. How do I obliterate it ?
3. It appears that Forge 2 documentation does not exist. When I do a command-list, the
identified commands look fairly different from Forge 1. Although I often enjoy
experimenting with new technology, I need to know if Forge 2 is still experimental or is
it ready to be used instead of Forge 1 ? (I don't mind if it is experimental still
.... I will adjust my expectations as needed)
4. For the Forge 2 command jpa-generate-entities-from-tables is there a way to provide
forge with the password ?
5. Looking forward to the next steps in my project generation, is there a richfaces addon
Posted by forums
Original post: https://community.jboss.org/message/871643#871643