I'd like to add some additional info to the #2.
For now all ripple specific code is situated in the
*org.jboss.tools.vpe.cordovasim.ripple *plugin in the *ripple* folder -
If there is a new bug / feature request on the cordovasim side it must be
fixed it in the giant (~2.5 Mb) js file. This approach has 2 main drawbacks:
1) It's utterly complicated to catch up updates from ripple (need to mainly
build ripple and merge 2 giant ripple.js file)
2) It's extremely unhandy to contribute changes back to ripple
That is why we come up with a new approach - fork ripple for jbosstools and
keep all cordovasim changes above the ripple's *master* branch ( <- #1
which is already solved).
How to try it:
- clone https://github.com/jbosstools/incubator-ripple
- checkout *cordovasim *branch
- pre-build step - Build Requirements
- run (in the project root): *./configure*
- run *(in the project root): jake*
- the result of the build will be in the *pkg/hosted* folder
- assuming that all necessary plugins for running *aerogear *and
*cordovasim* are in the workspace you can remove everything from the
ripple folder (
and substitute it with a newly build content of the *pkg/hosted* folder
- that's it. If you run new Eclipse application, create HMT project and
run it via Cordovasim it will use brand new ripple build
Basically we want to make one step ahead and automate the process above ^.
Will be glad to hear your ideas / proposals on it. The main purpose of the
letter is to give extra food for thoughts before f-2-f ;-)
On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 12:54 PM, Max Rydahl Andersen
> For a while we've had our fork of incubator-ripple under
which was manually built to
> then get included into cordovasim.
> We will be looking at doing two things: 1) move the repo to jbosstools
> so it is together with all the other work we do 2) setup more automatic
> builds of this.
> For today #1 is solved, and
> For #2 Ilya will follow up on in the following week(s), intent is we got
> a plan for this by the face-2-face to execute on.
> jbosstools-dev mailing list