I am going to shortly begin working on a major refactor of the RI and
TCK to remove any remaining references to "webbeans" by either the
source code or docs. Could everyone please ensure that you have all
code checked into SVN within the next 24 hours.
I'll send another announcement out when the freeze is in effect, and I
anticipate that we will require a maximum of 24 hours for refactoring.
Because of the complexity of the work involved to port all our issues
over in JIRA, can we please have a freeze on all JIRA activity for any
of the WB* or WELD* projects until further notice.
I have started the process of renaming Web Beans to Weld. This is going
to affect a lot of the systems we use. To give everyone a heads up,
here's a detailed list of what is going to change.
1) SVN repository moved from http://svn.jboss.org/repos/webbeans to
2) JIRA project name changed from WBRI to WELD.
3) "Web Beans Users" forum on seamframework.org renamed to "Weld Users".
4) New IRC channels on freenode - #weld and #weld-dev.
5) TCK and RI - any packages, classes or docs that contain "WebBeans",
"WB", etc will be renamed accordingly.
6) The name of this mailing list - webbeans-dev will become weld-dev.
Also webbeans-issues and webbeans-commits will respectively become
weld-issues and weld-commits.
7) Fisheye and Hudson updated to point to the new SVN repository.
I will endeavour to keep the mailing list updated with any outages, code
freezes, etc as they occur. If you have any questions about the rename
please let me know. Also, if you can think of something that I haven't
mentioned in the above list that will be affected by the name change,
please let me know too.
I noticed that a few tests in the TCK ( those in
InterceptorDefinitionTests) rely upon retrieving interceptors by calling
However, section 5.3 in the spec, and 11.3.4, indicate that getBeans()
should retrieve beans that are eligible for injection (and 5.3 makes
clear that interceptors and decorators are not eligible).
I intend to fix this while working on the interceptor implementation, so
that any access to interceptors would happen strictly through
resolveInterceptors(), but I am wondering if anyone thinks differently.