So good news,
Topic support for GCM is trivial to implement. In fact after 20 minutes I
have most of the work done in the Android library. The behavior of topics
matches the behavior of categories. I would like to propose some
1) Changing categories/topics currently requires the application to
unregister and reregister on UPS. I would like to add a subscribe and
unsubscibe method to the pushRegistrar interface which will subscribe and
unsubscribe the device from topics.
2) All Message listeners receive messages from all topics the device is
subscribed to. I would like to extend registrar manager to be able to
attach messages handlers per topic as well as globally.
This are both simple, easy changes which shouldn't be a lot of work and
will really improve the push experience in Agdroid 3.0.
So in those awkward moments when I'm waiting on PRs to get reviewed I've
been working on a Gradle plugin for AGDroid.
Right now it doesn't do much other than fail a couple of unit tests, but my
first goal is to have it validate the AndroidManifest file if it detects a
push config file. After that I would like it to be able to autoconfigure
the manifest if it finds errors. Eventually I would like to be able to do
basic annotation processing to simplify lots of rote tasks in Android.
What would you guys like to see added?
for UPS we have three different images, at:
The first deploys the latest stable (1.0.2) release on WildFly, using
HTTPS. The second does a checkout of the UPS master repo, and also deploys
it into WildFly, using HTTPS.
The third one deploys our 'complex' CRUD quickstart, which we did for xpaas
launch. I'd like to remove this, because that's a repo which will
eventually go away.
I could keep it, if there is really interest in it - but I prefer to remove
Now, the other two are currently broken, because there are some changes in
the layer above us. The WildFly's parent parent :-) now is Centos7, not
Fedora anymore. This is cool, since Centos is closer to RHEL and also used
I have update the two Dockerfiles based on the underlying OS change, and I
added deployment for UPS 1.1.0-beta.2 (our last release). Here is my branch:
Moving forward, I added support for MySQL using Docker container linking:
NOTE: this requires two docker containers (named 'unifiedpush' and
'keycloak') being around. Here is a docker-compose.yml file allowing to run
the entire shindig: