On 5 Jan 2012, at 3:34 PM, Gunnar Morling wrote:
I've created two pull requests for the API  and the spec  for
* BVAL-295 ("Should validation-configuration and validation-mapping
xsds define a version attribute") and
* BVAL-282 ("Make clear whether it's legal to invoke
Configuration#buildValidatorFactory() several times").
As discussed, there are the following changes now:
* "version" attribute added to the XSDs for XML configuration and
mapping files. The comment within the XSD files is based on those from
other JEE specs.
If no version attribute is given, schema version 1.0
+1, good idea
is to be assumed. If an unknown schema version is encountered, a
ValidationException shall be thrown.
* Explicitly mentioned that calling
Configuration#buildValidatorFactory() several times is legal. Added an
example for this.
* Added note on mark()/reset() methods to Configuration#addMapping()
and ConfigurationState#getMappingStreams() (streams should preferably
support these methods, if not they'll be wrapped by the BV provider).