Guys, please take notice of this draft:
* Clint, I made some changes to the SPI, hope it's not too disruptive!
* Pete, check the stuff about dependent objects, please, I want to
know that it's not still broken
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gavin King <gavin.king(a)gmail.com>
Date: Tue, May 26, 2009 at 11:28 AM
To: Java Community Process JSR #299 Expert List <JSR-299-EG(a)jcp.org>
OK, I did some work over the long weekend:
Now has a more consistently layered architecture, and accommodates
session beans properly. This involved:
* splitting Producer out of InjectionTarget and adding Listener
* adding SessionBean and BeanClass (containing common operations of
SessionBean and ManagedBean)
* adding setInjectionTarget() / setProducer() / setListener() on XxxxxBeans
* adding getXxxxBean() to ProcessXxxxxBean()
I think this is a big improvement, even though it involves a couple of
extra interfaces, but see for yourself :-)
Dependent object destruction
I've also included my proposal for fixing dependent object
destruction. The proposed changes are in the following sections:
* 6.1 - 6.2
This is a significant change to SPIs (6.1-6.2) and a slight change to
user-visible behavior (5.5.2), so *please* review this thoroughly. I
do not enjoy making a change like this so late in the process.
I've added NonexistentConversationException and
BusyConversationException in 6.7.4. Please review.
Finally, I've rolled in the proposed changes to @Observes. Please
check that you're OK with this.