Just a quick change notice for anyone looking to move to the upcoming 7.0 M1.
TEIID-145 changes our old default handling of treating double quoted strings as string literals to instead use ANSI rules that always treat double quoted strings as identifiers. See the issue comments if you want to continue using the old non-standard behavior.
TEIID-870 changes our JDBC metadata to report the vdb name as the catalog and the model name as the schema. Any direct usage of Teiid's DatabaseMetadata will need to account for this - e.g. instead of using the vdb name as a schema pattern, it should be passed as the catalog. And any searches using a table name should not include the model name as part of the table name.
TEIID-869 system tables have been changed to better reflect our metadata internals. Most notably, the properties tables have all been collapsed into a single table. Something to consider is that to facilitate legacy vdbs we may also want to change the name of the schema so that it doesn't conflict if we also add in the old System schema.
Let me know if there are any questions,
I checked in the Cdk plugins for review. It's available from :
1. There are currently 3 plugin:
- org.teiid.cdk.connector.v610 : Wrapper plugin for *teiid-6.1.0-cdk-dist*
- org.teiid.cdk.connector.v620 : Wrapper plugin for *teiid-6.2.0-M3-cdk-dist
- org.teiid.cdk.core : Main plugin responsible for code generation and
2. The wizard can be invoked from these perspective right-clicking on New in
3. The wizard is self-explanatory for creating a CDK Projects
4. The sources can be imported, built and executed in eclipse workspace. The
plugins had been tested with Galileo 3.5, 3.6
5. To build and deploy, the cdk wrapper plugins can be built and deployed as
individual jars, however the cdk-core plugin must be built and deployed
6. In order to test new cdk-distributions, similar wrapper plugins to be
built and extension point to be used to publish jars. To understand the
wirings, plugin.xmls from *teiid-6.1.0-cdk-dist *and *
teiid-6.2.0-M3-cdk-dist* to be compared. All the jar paths are relative to
the sdk directory location specified through the extension point.
7. Project names are converted to lowercase and prepended with the word
"connector-"; so the project name, LoopBack, will be converted to
"connector-loopback". Any new project with the same name loopback (case
insensitive) cannot be furthur created.
8. Errors are currently logged using eclipse infrastructure. Most of the
common project creation errors are handled.
9. Presently the following features are not available:
- Maven container integration : The project currently cannot be built as a
maven project; however the maven directory structure exist with necessary
project setting for proper compilation in eclipse
- CDK Preference