Here are the minutes of this week's meeting.
Bot is on PTO so I copy/paste everything below:
15:01 < gsmet> #topic Progress Fabio
15:01 < fax4ever> Hi all
15:01 < fax4ever> I've come back yesterday from holidays,
15:01 < fax4ever> so I was most of the time on holiday in the last two
15:01 < fax4ever> I resumed to work on the issue that I left pending.
15:01 < fax4ever> The one to make no longer mandatory the persistence
15:01 < fax4ever> We had a good meeting on this topic just before my
vacations with Davide and Sanne,
15:02 < fax4ever> where Sanne pointed out a possible *nice* solution.
15:02 < fax4ever> The solution would require to change some code in
Hibernate ORM too, in order to solve the issue.
15:02 < fax4ever> The good news is that the ORM provider class
15:02 < fax4ever> is currently capable to handle perfectly the OGM's cases
15:02 < fax4ever> I made some test and I discovered that if the property
`hibernate.ogm.enabled` is set to `true`,
15:02 < fax4ever> this class might active OGM's cases without any need of
the OGM provider class:
15:02 < fax4ever> `HibernateOgmPersistence`.
15:02 < fax4ever> Then I think that most part of the job has been already
15:03 < fax4ever> That's all about my progress. Thank you!
15:03 < gsmet> thanks
15:03 < gsmet> #topic Next 2 weeks Fabio
15:03 < fax4ever> Firstly, I'm implementing the `persistence provider`
15:03 < fax4ever> For the reasons that I've explained before,
15:03 < fax4ever> I think that we'll need a very limited change of code on
both OGM and ORM projects.
15:03 < fax4ever> Secondly, I believe that the priority will be the
OGM/Infinispan presentation on September,
15:03 < fax4ever> arranged by Paolo Menon.
15:04 < fax4ever> Therefore I'm going to spend some time on Hibernate demo
15:04 < fax4ever> Thirdly, I might spent some time on minor issues,
15:04 < fax4ever> such as adding more tests on Java time mapping and so on.
15:04 < fax4ever> Fourthly, I would like to spend other time to review some
15:04 < fax4ever> Fifthly, I don't know if a new release is scheduled, in
case it is, I could help to handle it.
15:04 < fax4ever> Finally, after next two weeks I will be on PTOs again,
just for one week.
15:04 < fax4ever> That's all about my next two weeks. Thank you!
15:05 < gsmet> thanks Fabio
15:05 < gsmet> #topic Progress Guillaume
15:05 < gsmet> so a good part of my last 2 weeks was the Search F2F
15:05 < gsmet> we made some good progress there but I'll let Yoann give
more details if he sees fit
15:06 < gsmet> I also released a new HV for inclusion in WF 14 due to a few
15:06 < gsmet> and continued to coordinates the ORM 5.3 work
15:06 < gsmet> we are discussing some patches related to the security
manager right now
15:06 < gsmet> discussing means me sending emails and not getting answers :)
15:07 < gsmet> other than that I made some progress on the projection DSL
for Search 6
15:07 < gsmet> but we decided some big changes in it so I'll get back to it
to stick to what we decided
15:07 < gsmet> #topic Next 2 weeks Guillaume
15:08 < gsmet> so hopefully mostly Search 6 with some ORM coordination
15:08 < gsmet> I say that every 2 weeks so we'll see
15:08 < gsmet> FYI, PTO for me starting Sept 14th
15:09 < gsmet> for a week
15:09 < gsmet> #topic Progress Yoann
15:09 < yrodiere> So, I was on PTO the first week
15:09 < yrodiere> Good progress on the babysitting side
15:09 < yrodiere> then it was the F2F
15:09 < yrodiere> No, I won't say it was babysitting too :)
15:10 < yrodiere> Joke aside, we actually made good progress, took lots of
decisions on pending topics
15:10 < fax4ever> :)
15:10 < yrodiere> and actually managed to cover the whole agenda
15:10 < yrodiere> so... It means there's a lot more to work on now than
before. Which I guess is good news :)
15:11 < yrodiere> I won't cover the specifics, but I'm currently organizing
everything as JIRA tickets
15:11 < yrodiere> see
15:12 < yrodiere> so, next two weeks
15:12 < gsmet> #topic Next 2 weeks Yoann
15:12 < yrodiere> there are still a few tickets, mainly refactoring, to
address, and then we should be able to merge the Search 6 prototype into
the main Search repository
15:13 < yrodiere> that should be the big news of the next two weeks...
15:13 < yrodiere> after that there is still a bit of polishing to do, and
we should be able to release an Alpha1 in one or two months at most
15:14 < yrodiere> then I hope we'll be able to follow a more...
"high-paced" rhythm, to provide sneak peaks into the current work to our
15:14 < yrodiere> that's all from me