This new release improves the multitenancy support, requires Hibernate ORM
5.4.32.Final and improves how withTransaction and withSession work.
Find all the details in the release post:
Hi Sanne & Yoann, **
*OpenJDK 17 Early Access build 21 is now available at
* These early-access , open-source builds are provided under the
o GNU General Public License, version 2, with the Classpath
o 2021/06/10 Rampdown Phase One
o 2021/07/15 Rampdown Phase Two
o 2021/08/05 Initial Release Candidate
o 2021/08/19 Final Release Candidate
o 2021/09/14 General Availability
* JEPs targeted to JDK 17, so far:
o JEP 356: Enhanced Pseudo-Random Number Generators
o JEP 382: New macOS Rendering Pipeline
o JEP 391: macOS/AArch64 Port <https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/391>
o JEP 398: Deprecate the Applet API for Removal
o JEP 410: Remove the Experimental AOT and JIT Compiler
* Release Notes are available at https://jdk.java.net/17/release-notes
* Changes in recent builds that maybe of interest:
o Build 21:
+ JDK-8196415: JARs signed with SHA-1 algorithms are
restricted by default.
+ JDK-8265989: System property for the native character
+ JDK-8265137: java.util.Random suddenly has new public
methods nowhere documented.
# [*Reported by Apache Lucene]*
o Build 20
+ JDK-8037397: RegEx pattern matching loses character class
after intersection (&&) operator.
+ JDK-8264208: A new public method that returns the `Charset`
used in the `Console.
o Build 19
+ JDK-8228988: AnnotationParser throws NullPointerException on
incompatible member type.
# *[Reported by ByteBuddy]*
+ JDK-8258794: Support for CLDR version 39.
+ JDK-8262108: SimpleDateFormat formatting broken for sq_MK
# *[**Reported by ApacheCommons]*
o Build 18
+ JDK-8260693: Provide the support for specifying a signer in
+ JDK-8263763: Synthetic constructor parameters of enum are
not considered for annotation indices.
# *[Reported by ByteBuddy]*
*Topics of interest from 'Insider Java':*
* Security and Sandboxing Post SecurityManager : Link
* Foreign Memory Access and NIO channels - Going Further : Link
*Project Loom Early-Access Build: **Build 17-loom+6-225*
* These early-access builds are provided under the GNU General Public
License, version 2, with the Classpath Exception
* These builds are produced for the purpose of gathering feedback. Use
for any other purpose is at your own risk.
* Please send feedback via e-mail to loom-dev(a)openjdk.java.net
<mailto:email@example.com>. To send e-mail to this address
you must first subscribe to the mailing list
*April 2021 Critical Patch Update Released:*
* As part of the April 2021 CPU we released JDK 16.0.1, JDK 11.0.11
LTS, JDK 8u291 and JDK 7u301 as well as OpenJDK 16.0.1 (publicly
Rgds, Rory O'Donnell
Quality Engineering Manager
Oracle EMEA, Dublin, Ireland