Congratulations! and great work on delivery of the project. I will take
it for test drive and let you know my feedback.
On Wed, 2009-11-04 at 02:49 -0500, Sanjay Chaudhuri wrote:
I checked in the Cdk plugins for review. It's available from :
1. There are currently 3 plugin:
- org.teiid.cdk.connector.v610 : Wrapper plugin for
- org.teiid.cdk.connector.v620 : Wrapper plugin for
- org.teiid.cdk.core : Main plugin responsible for code generation and
2. The wizard can be invoked from these perspective right-clicking on
New in Package-Explorer:
3. The wizard is self-explanatory for creating a CDK Projects
4. The sources can be imported, built and executed in eclipse
workspace. The plugins had been tested with Galileo 3.5, 3.6
5. To build and deploy, the cdk wrapper plugins can be built and
deployed as individual jars, however the cdk-core plugin must be built
and deployed unjarred.
6. In order to test new cdk-distributions, similar wrapper plugins to
be built and extension point to be used to publish jars. To understand
the wirings, plugin.xmls from teiid-6.1.0-cdk-dist and
teiid-6.2.0-M3-cdk-dist to be compared. All the jar paths are relative
to the sdk directory location specified through the extension point.
7. Project names are converted to lowercase and prepended with the
word "connector-"; so the project name, LoopBack, will be converted to
"connector-loopback". Any new project with the same name loopback
(case insensitive) cannot be furthur created.
8. Errors are currently logged using eclipse infrastructure. Most of
the common project creation errors are handled.
9. Presently the following features are not available:
- Maven container integration : The project currently cannot be built
as a maven project; however the maven directory structure exist with
necessary project setting for proper compilation in eclipse
- CDK Preference
teiid-dev mailing list