There are two pieces of metadata that control this. They apply either to
an attribute or to an operation parameter.
1) "type" -- A ModelType -- The basic type of the attribute/parameter.
This will *never* be ModelType.EXPRESSION.
2) "expressions-allowed" -- a boolean -- If present with value "true"
indicates that ModelType.EXPRESSION is also legal for this
attribute/parameter. Otherwise, only the basic type is legal.
includes a bit more verbose
details on these.
On 10/7/11 7:19 AM, Heiko Braun wrote:
I am currently adding support for expression to the console. Some questions upfront:
- Do we have ambiguous property types? i.e. a property that is allowed to be of
ModelType.STRING or ModelType.EXPRESSION ?
- If it is distinct (only one type allowed) then I could identify all the places where
Expression can be used, right?
- Or are Expression allowed to used as a replacement for any ModelType across the whole
jboss-as7-dev mailing list
Principal Software Engineer
JBoss by Red Hat