Sorry to bother you on a deprecated feature subject, but I think the
package names provided in documentation are broken :
Do we agree that the correct names are
org.hibernate.cache.ehcache.internal.EhCacheRegionFactory ? Not sure I'm
right because of the .internal package; I spontaneously understand it as
« private, do not touch » package.
If I'm not wrong, I can open a Jira and propose a PR.
Hi, I asigned myself this ticket and left a comment but unfortunately no feedback yet.
This leads me to 2 questions:
The first is the very same in the comment, which is if subclassing in DynamicMapEntityTuplizer is desirable? Please refer to the ticket for discussion
The second is about what can I assume as a contributor. I mean, Is always the ticket a holy word (i.e. what the ticket says, should be done) or it is always debatable? I understand that I’m taking low priority tickets (because I’m almost a newbie contributor and I don’t feel like taking some more important ones) but how long should I wait to get some feedback in the comments?
Thanks in advance for your answers.
Best regards: Alvaro Pedraza
Are we using Asciidoc javadoc in the current tree (i.e. not 6)?
With JDK 11, when ./gradlew :hibernate-core:javadoc is executed and this
doclet is enabled, I have the following error:
javadoc: error - invalid flag: -Xdoclint:none
In the javadoc -X help, it says that doclint is "Provided by the Standard
Removing the asciidoclet declaration fixes the issue.
As asciidoclet is not enabled in the aggregateJavadocs task, I'm under the
impression that it is not used.
Could someone confirm this?
So due to the issue with Asciidoclet I exposed in my previous email, I
thought for some time that they had removed the -XDoclint flag in Java 11.
Thus I started cleaning up all the Javadoc errors we have in the ORM source
This led to the following changes:
It's kinda huge and while it's only trivial changes, I'm a bit worried
about what will happen when you will try to merge this in your 6 branch.
All the errors are fixed except:
- 3 reference not found errors for which I need advice
- the errors in the generated sources that are thrown in the
aggregateJavadocs task: the exclude rules are not taken into account by
Gradle in this task, probably a Gradle bug, I saw an old forum post of
Steve in the Gradle forum about this issue.
Note: I don't have any issue if we consider it's not the right time to do
that and we should only do that on 6. That's why I ask the question. I have
no idea of what the 6 branch look like so I don't know how much of an issue
it can be. Cherry-picking these changes on top of 6, once it's stabilized
is a possibility.