Matteo Mortari created DROOLS-5880:
Summary: Revisit Kie/Drools maven archetype
Issue Type: Story
Reporter: Matteo Mortari
Assignee: Mario Fusco
*Motivation*: currently the only 1 available Kie maven archetype for Drools shows sign of
*Goals*: reconsidering the following aspects:
* contains only a mirror test (generated folder/file structure) but doesn't actually
"use" the generated project so if it breaks we don't know. Potentially add a
maven invoker test in droolsjbpm-integration to check it.
* License header: do as Camel / Quarkus do, the end result, the user files, do NOT contain
a Red Hat license header. Can be resolved by template engine comment like Camel team did.
* the current Drools unit test is not very significative, always check that
"type==color" maybe add some Measurement not of type color to get the test more
* currently Stateful Vs CEP test is governed by variable during archetype generation.
Experience shows this is overlooked. It is best to actually separate this into 2 separate
* currently defines Eclipse IDE exclusion in the generated pom.xml, maybe just easier to:
** always generate it
** bring that into the kie-maven-plugin, albeit it may require providing the xml file
manually. Here it could be worthy to check how Quarkus team resolved this issue
*Impacts*: archetypes are directly used by end-users when creating a project, but IIRC
there is no mention in the Docs (for "v7x series" / Kie)
This message was sent by Atlassian Jira