On 19 Oct 2008, at 01:05, Jay Balunas wrote:
I wanted to provide a status on the testing of Seam 2.1.0.GA on AS 5
CR2. I believe these issues are a mixture of Seam and AS 5 issues.
Please review and let me know what you think.
I have a couple of examples and seam-gen testing to complete. I
will also be doing a spot check on windows, and with jdk5.
So far I have tested only with JDK6 on Fedora 8. I can provide
additional details for most of these if needed.
* Blog example
- When I deploy the blog example I get the exception below.
- "Caused by: org.hibernate.cache.NoCachingEnabledException: Second-
level cache is not enabled for usage
- Made several changes that I reviewed with Pete, Norman.
- Still getting this issue with these changes.
- Waiting to hear from Stan on this.
- Should this be a JBAS or JBSEAM jira?
Report this in JBSEAM for now, I will investigate.
* GroovyBooking example
- Getting the sql error below. Jozef also saw this with Seam
2.0.3.CR2 on AS 5 CR2
- Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Violation of unique constraint
SYS_PK_49: duplicate value(s) for column(s) $$
- during import.sql import
Are you sure you have a clean data dir?
* JPA/Hiberante example are showing a ZipException on jboss-seam-
- Entered JBAS-6107
- Original issue JBAS-6076
- Ales said that this should be fixed in trunk
* Wicket undeploy exceptions
- When undeploying the wicket example I see the following exceptions:
- I will enter a jira - although I am not sure if this is Seam or
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Child not found jboss-seam-wicket-
for FileHandler@21707409[path context=file:/jboss/projects/seam/
... 4 more
Please report in JBAS, with instructions to reproduce. Assign to Ales
* Spring example deployment exception
- See spring_deploy_error.txt for listing
- Persistence.xml is using "RESOURCE_LOCAL" and not define any data
- this works fine on other jboss versions.
Report in JBSEAM, assign to Mike Youngstrom
* SeamSpace example
- I believe two separate issues found
- 1) If you click on "create user" or "create role" twice you get
the following exception:
- IllegalStateException: begin method invoked from a long-running
conversation, try using @Begin(join=true) on method: createRole
- 2) When adjusting security settings either on images, or users/
roles the tables are empty
- The application still functions as it should so this is
probably an issue with view not the data
* itext example
- When you attempt to access the example you see a 404 not found
- This may be fixed by the changes that Pete did for AS 5 -
- This may also be related to hotdeploy changes in Seam - need to
wait for new tag to test
- See the attached itext_error.txt for output.
Just try AS5 trunk, Ales upgraded to the seam-int which contains the
* Can't deploy 2 Seam Applications
jboss.j2ee:jar=jboss-seam.jar,service=EJB3 already registered.
- See full stack trace in 2_seam_app.txt
- I believe we have seen this, but I was not able to find the jira
Stan assigned this to Carlo
Minor or Known issues:
* EntityManagerFactory Issue with AS 5 CR1 effects several examples
- dvdstore, contactlist, quartz, others...
- Followed workaround here
- Also needed to add the following to the persistence.xml
- I believe this is a side effect of the workaround
* "Welcome to Seam null" shows in nearly every example when
deployed. I have also seen "Welcome to Seam 5.0.0.CR2" in cases.
- Adrian fixed this for AS 5 GA
* Excessive logging for every request of seam - JBSEAM-3575 entered
14:51:54,551 INFO [Initialization] Installing components...
14:51:54,551 INFO [Initialization] done redeploying
14:51:55,293 INFO [Initialization] redeploying
- Pete fixed this in AS 5 trunk and should be in AS 5 GA
* Paths/links in the booking examples popup details are out of date.
- Will report but this is minor