On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 3:36 PM, Lucas Holmquist <lholmqui(a)redhat.com>
So i’ve decided to take today and try and add Safari Push notifications
into the UPS. When i tried about a year ago, i was successful, but i had
lots of duplicated code since it is very close to the iOS variant.
basically, the only real difference is that Safari notifications use the
Production cert only. The other slight difference is how you send the
message to the APNs service
I wondering if now is the time to start changing the variant names, so
iOSVariant would become APNsVariant(or something like that).
This would also change the endpoint at which we connect from ‘ios' to
‘apns’ . Since this is sort of a breaking change, from a curl
perspective, does this need to wait until a Major release?
Let's have it for master (1.1.x series) only.
That said, since there may be a few mire 1.0.x releases, which also may
have effect to the 1.1.x code base (merges), I'd like to wait a bit with
the actual merge of "Safari push" to master.
plus this might make the current db migration stuff that is in progress
more complex too
I have no problems keeping it separate, and then in a later release
merging things together
ah, yeah - that's the best :) no need to "wait" on the work, let's keep
branch in sync w/ master, and merge in a few weeks... ok ?
aerogear-dev mailing list