So i’ve decided to take today and try and add Safari Push notifications into the UPS.
When i tried about a year ago, i was successful, but i had lots of duplicated code since
it is very close to the iOS variant.
basically, the only real difference is that Safari notifications use the Production cert
only. The other slight difference is how you send the message to the APNs service
I wondering if now is the time to start changing the variant names, so iOSVariant would
become APNsVariant(or something like that).
This would also change the endpoint at which we connect from ‘ios' to ‘apns’ . Since
this is sort of a breaking change, from a curl perspective, does this need to wait until
a Major release?
plus this might make the current db migration stuff that is in progress more complex too
I have no problems keeping it separate, and then in a later release merging things