Great work and progress Polina & Dimitra. Really happy to see the progress
and looking forward to seeing the wrap up of what has been a very
successful and enjoyable GSoC.
On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 10:41 AM, Polina Koleva <polina.n.koleva(a)gmail.com>
Hey, everyone :)
It is almost the end of GSoC 2017, we have one more week left. Here is a
quick summary what we have achieved since the previous update:
* Dimitra has finished the implementation of custom object serialisers
and deserialisers which gives us the ability to produce whatever we want
to our topics.
* We completely removed JMS. We are using Kafka producers, consumers and
streams instead of it. So we can say that our push message epic
is completely implemented.
* We have our first Kafka Stream ready to be merged. See PR
* We set up our test environment which gives us the ability to test
consumers and producers used in UPS. See PR
* The next check on our list is collecting stats for push messages using
Apache Kafka.The basic idea is summarized in this epic AGPUSH-2111
;. We have already come up
with some proposals - AGPUSH-2187
;. But we are open for new
ideas. What information will be good to have in terms of stats for push
messages? For example, how many push messages are sent per application? per
OS? in some interval of time? Glad to hear what you think.
* Also stress testing of current Kafka implementation is good to be done
if enough time available.
For more information, you can take a look at our dashboard here.
Thanks for the support and the help. Feedback is always appreciated.
Polina & Dimitra
ENGINEERING MANAGER, MOBILE
Red Hat Ireland <https://www.redhat.com/>
Communications House, Cork Road
Waterford City, Ireland X91NY33
lgriffin(a)redhat.com M: +353877545162 IM: lgriffin
TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED. <https://redhat.com/trusted>